Terms You Should Know
This is an alphabetical glossary of terms that you may encounter while browsing this website.
- participation rate
- Participation rate is the percentage of employees in job class, title, department, or organizational unit who belong to a given protected class.
- A set of duties, responsibilities, and competencies performed by an individual in a specific role. Each position will be specific to the role and should not be specific to the individual within the role.
- Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ)
- A standard questionnaire intended to document a general summary of the position as well as specifics about tasks, duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
- reasonable and customary
- Reasonable and customary represents the range of usual fees for comparable services charged by the medical or dental professionals in a geographic area. If your provider charges more than the reasonable and customary fee, you will be responsible for paying the difference. Any charges in excess of reasonable and customary will not apply toward your annual deductible or out-of-pocket limit. (Reasonable and customary limits do not apply for in-network or HMO coverage.)
- Resume is a brief statement of personal, educational, and professional qualifications and experience of a candidate for a position.
- risk management
- Risk management is the use of insurance and other strategies in an effort to minimize an organizationâ€™s exposure to liability in the event a loss or injury occurs.