Time Off & Leaves of Absence
As a Boston University employee, your benefits package includes generous employee time off programs. Your time off depends on your employment status. Please see the University Holiday Schedule for the complete list of Boston University observed holidays.
For descriptions, eligibility, and duration information about Time Off and Leaves of Absence:
- Time Off – vacation, personal days, comp time, unpaid time off sympathy time, jury duty
- Leaves of Absence – FMLA, MMLA, SNLA, medical leave, personal leave, military leave
For further details on each type of leave, please refer to the appropriate document for your employment level:
- Non-Represented staff– Authorized Absences in the Employee Handbook
- Employees Represented by BUPPA
- Employees Represented by BUSOA
- Employees Represented by L2324
- Employees Represented by Local 615
- Employees Represented by Local 888
- Faculty – refer to your Faculty Handbook
For further assistance, contact your Human Resources Service Center.