Changing or Stopping Your Contributions

Under current IRS regulations, you may change your participation status in the Flexible Benefits program ONLY during the annual open enrollment period or as the result of a qualified change in your family or employment status.

The change in your participation or contributions must be because of and consistent with the qualified change and must meet all IRS requirements for changing your election. You may not change from one health plan option to another at any time other than the annual Open Enrollment Period. You will have 30 days from the date the qualified change occurs to notify the Benefits Section of Human Resources and make any changes.

Your change generally will become effective on the effective date of the qualifying event except as otherwise required by law.