How to Obtain Benefits

To claim benefits from the Long-Term Disability Plan, you should contact the Benefits Section of Human Resources as soon as your partial or total disability begins. (You should also contact your local Social Security office to apply for disability insurance benefits.) The University will assist you in completing the claim forms and will forward your claim to the plan’s Claims Processor.