To encourage pre-conference discussion on the proposed panels amongst the invited participants, we have set up a web page for each topic and an additional page for discussion of possible alternate panel topics for the public session on Friday. The posts for all of the Friday topics are shown at the bottom of this page, and the individual topic pages can be reached by clicking one of the links below.
- History of HPS in Science Education
- HPS, Cognition, and Science Learning
- HPS and the Science Frameworks
- HPS in the Classroom: Objectives, Materials, and Methods
- HPS in the Classroom: Outcomes with Students
- HPS in Professional Development
- Alternate Friday Public Session Panels
Please note that these pages are intended provide a forum for the invited participants to communicate about the topics of the panel discussions before the start of the conference. One of the goals of these forums is to give the conference a head start before it begins, and to provide a documentation of how the presentations and content may have evolved.
While we would like to give all of the invited participants full web editor access to these pages, the logistics of doing so make this option prohibitive. Instead these pages are designed to work with the parameters WordPress system as follows:
- Each week, the conference organizers will create a new post for each topic. The post will be titled “Week ##: [Panel Topic]” where ## counts down the number of weeks until the conference, and [Panel Topic] will be replaced by the appropriate title.
- You can add comments to the most recent post (the topmost post on the page) by clicking on the title of the post.
- If the number of comments causes the text to overrun the page, a new post for the week will be created, and a letter suffix will be added to the week number (e.g., ##-A, ##-B, etc.). The original post will be closed for new comments after the new post is added.