If you are an entering freshmen or transfer student for the fall 2015...
Students who submit their housing materials and housing guarantee payment by the dates noted in How to apply, you will receive their residence assignment information via e-mail one week prior to their move-in date. All summer residence assignments are determined by BU Housing.
- All residence assignments are made on a space-available basis and according to the dates that completed Residence License Agreements, Assignment Interests Forms, and housing guarantee payments are received by BU Housing.
- You may be assigned a roommate(s) by BU Housing if you do not request a specific roommate(s) or if the person you are requesting as a roommate(s) has not submitted all of the required materials by the time BU Housing makes your assignment.
- Accommodations are available in both dormitory-style and apartment-style residences; both vary in size and design.
- Two summer residences (33 Harry Agganis Way’s apartments and Kilachand Hall, 91 Bay State Road) are air conditioned. The small brownstones on Bay State Road are not air conditioned. Certain residences in South Campus allow for the rental of air conditioning units from Vending Services. More information can be found on the air conditioned housing options page. Students are prohibited from bringing air conditioners of any kind into the residences.
- Room change requests are not granted during the summer housing period. There are a very limited number of single-occupancy rooms available during the summer sessions.
- A $200 nonrefundable housing guarantee payment, a signed Residence License Agreement, and an Assignment Interests Form submitted by the dates noted in How to apply guarantee a space on campus, but not a specific residence, residence type, or residence rate (For example, if you request an apartment-style residence and there is none available at the time you are assigned, then you will be assigned to a dormitory-style residence and a dining plan).
- If you live on campus during the current 2014–15 academic year, there is no guarantee you can remain in your current residence for the summer. We will do our best, however, to accommodate your interests.
- Rooms in dormitory-style and apartment-style residences contain a dresser, a desk, a mattress, a bed frame, and a chair for each student. Students must provide their own linens, including extra-long twin bed sheets (beds are 80 inches long).
- Apartment-style residences are also furnished and equipped with kitchen and bathroom facilities; apartment residents must provide their own kitchen utensils, cleaning items, and bathroom supplies.
- Gender-Neutral Housing is available during the summer months. More information can be found on our Summer Gender-Neutral Housing page.