Maintenance Requests

The Maintenance Requests module allows students to submit maintenance request orders for kitchen appliances, furniture, and keys. For all other maintenance requests, contact the Residence Hall Office or for emergencies in your room contact the 24-hour emergency service line at Facilities Management, 617-353-2105.

Some maintenance requests such as damaged furniture and lost keys may incur a charge to your student account. Please do not submit maintenance requests to remove University-issued furniture.  No items will be removed from any room, apartment, or common area. Students are charged for the replacement of any furniture that is removed or damaged.

The following steps will guide you through successfully completing a maintenance request. For missing keys or lockouts visit the Office of Residence Life or contact your RA on-call. More information regarding keys available here.

To access the maintenance request module log in to the My Housing portal. Once you have signed in click on the Maintenance Request tab on the blue ribbon. From here you will be able to submit your maintenance request.

Maintenance Request Tab

To submit a request click New Request and to view or edit a previously submitted request click View/Modify.

Maintenance Request


Select a category based on the maintenance request. You can choose from Appliances, Furniture, and Keys.


In the item drop down list you will select the item that requires attention based on the category selected above.


Write a detailed description of the item that requires attention. Be as specific as possible.

Maintenance New Request

Click Save and Continue to submit your maintenance request. You will receive an email if the maintenance request cannot be completed and/or if it must be directed to a different department.