Year-Round Housing FAQ

What is Year-Round Housing?
Year-Round Housing is a dormitory-style housing option where residents can live continuously from the beginning of Summer Session 1 through the end of the academic year.

Who is eligible for Year-Round Housing?
All students are eligible to apply for Year-Round Housing.  Students interested in this housing option need to complete an application to be eligible to select into Year-Round Housing.

Do students living in Year-Round Housing have to enroll in a dining plan?
Yes.  90-92 Bay State Road is a dormitory-style residence; therefore, all students who live in this residence will participate in a dining plan.  During Intersession, students can prepare their own meals in the common area kitchen located on the first floor of the residence.

Which residences will be available for Year-Round Housing?
Year-Round Housing will be housed at 90-92 Bay State Road – centrally located on the Charles River Campus.  Adding to the convenience of not having to relocate during break periods, this residence contains a common area kitchen for residents’ use when BU Dining is closed.

How much will Year-Round Housing cost?
The Year-Round Housing rate will be available prior to Room Selection when all BU Housing rates are available.  Students will see 4 charges throughout the year, 1 for each of the 2 summer sessions, 1 for the fall semester and 1 for the spring semester.

What if I don’t need summer housing, but want to live in Year-Round Housing?
Students who live in Year-Round Housing are committed to living in their residence during both summer sessions and the full academic year.

What if I withdraw from my summer classes, will I still have to live in summer housing?
Yes.  Students who withdraw from only summer courses are eligible to remain in summer housing and will be required to pay summer, fall and spring housing charges.

Can I cancel Year-Round Housing?
Yes, as long as the cancellation request is received by the posted deadline in the Terms and Conditions of the Residence License Agreement.