Click here to access the Housing Reservation.
Selecting a proxy
If you are unable to attend Room Selection because you are studying abroad, away on an internship program, or have a schedule conflict with your appointment time, you must authorize someone to serve as your proxy. A proxy attends Room Selection at your appointment time to select housing for you.
Students on Boston University study abroad or internship programs
If you indicate on your Housing Reservation that you would like to participate in either Internal or Community Room Selection, you will then select who you want to serve as your proxy (BU Housing, a current Boston University student, or another person) and provide five residence interests you would like to be considered when choosing a room or apartment.
If you wish to change your proxy or your residence interests after the Housing Reservation deadline, you must do so in writing. You must send either a letter or an e-mail of authorization to BU Housing that includes your full name, your BU ID number, your signature, the full name (and BU ID number, if applicable) of your new proxy, and any changes to your residence interests. Letters may be mailed to BU Housing, 25 Buick Street, Boston, MA 02215 or faxed to 617-353-5136; e-mails must be sent from your BU e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You and your proxy should remember the following information:
- You have Internal Room Selection privileges for the last residence to which you were assigned before going on a study abroad or internship program.
- You may participate in Community Room Selection.
- You may be pulled in during any phase of Room Selection. Refer to pull-ins for more information.
- You may only select or be pulled into specialty residences for which you have received approval.
Students on campus
If you are unable to attend Room Selection because you have a schedule conflict with your appointment time, you must authorize someone to serve as your proxy (BU Housing, a current Boston University student, or another person).
To authorize a proxy, download, print, and complete a Proxy Authorization Form – 2014-15. Your proxy must have this form, along with your Room Selection Appointment Notification Card, when he or she attends your Room Selection appointment.
Responsibilities of a proxy
- To obtain the Room Selection Appointment Notification Card for the other student before Room Selection. If the student is away from campus and has not received this card, the proxy must pick it up at BU Housing, 25 Buick Street. To pick up the student’s card at BU Housing, the proxy must present their own Terrier Card as proof of identification. If the student is on campus, the proxy must obtain the Room Selection Appointment Notification Card that was sent to the student’s on-campus mailing address.
- To bring to Room Selection the other student’s Room Selection Appointment Notification Card, Proxy Authorization Form (if serving as a proxy for a student who is on campus), any specialty residence approval letters (if applicable), and the proxy’s own Terrier Card.
- To attend Room Selection at the appointment time designated for the other student.
Once your proxy has selected housing for you, you have completed the Room Selection process. Your proxy’s decision is final. When you receive your confirmation letter from your proxy, review it and contact BU Housing with any questions.