The Housing Interests Survey for Fall 2014 incoming freshmen and transfer students is...
Room Selection is the process by which continuing Boston University students select on-campus housing for the next academic year. To be eligible to participate in any phase of room selection, students must first complete a Housing Reservation.
Room Selection consists of three phases:
- Same Room Selection
- Internal Room Selection
- Community Room Selection
Students who wish to remain in or select into a specialty community residence, must apply for specialty community housing.
Students may pull in other students during all three phases.
Students who wish to keep their current assignment for the next academic year, pull another student into their current residence, or be pulled into another student’s same room participate in Same Room Selection. To participate in Same Room Selection, students should indicate on their Housing Reservation:
- “I want to stay in the same room to which I am currently assigned.”
- “I want to stay in the same room to which I am currently assigned, and pull in another student.”
- “I want to be pulled in to a room (or another room within a suite or apartment) by another student who is selecting his or her same room.
Following the successful completion of Same Room Selection, students will receive confirmation of their residence choice from BU Housing. The choice to participate in Same Room Selection completes the student’s participation in Room Selection.
Students who wish to select another room on campus should select:
- “I want to select a room by participating in internal or community room selection (either alone or with another student(s)).”
BU Housing will mail a Room Selection Appointment Notification Card to students’ on-campus mailing addresses. (Students on a Boston University study abroad or internship program will have their Room Selection Appointment Notification Card mailed to the home address on file with the University; the student’s proxy may obtain a duplicate copy of this card at BU Housing.)
Internal Room Selection – Students may select a room within their current residence either alone or with a roommate. During Internal Room Selection:
- Students studying abroad are eligible to select the residence they were last assigned to prior to participating in a Boston University study abroad/internship program.
- Students are not guaranteed a space within their current residence. Students may not be able to return to their current residence if all available rooms have already been selected.
- Students living in Warren Towers may select a room in any of the three towers; students living in The Towers may select a room in either of the two towers; students living in Myles Standish Hall or Myles Annex may select rooms in either residence.
Community Room Selection – Students may select a room in a different residence, either alone or with a roommate.