All of the 2018 Move-In times and information can be found on...
Room Selection is the process by which continuing Boston University students select on-campus housing for the next academic year. To guarantee a space in housing for the following year, students must complete the Continuing Student Housing Application online which includes:
- Submitting a $600 non-refundable Housing Guarantee Payment
- Signing (electronically) the Residence License Agreement
- Selecting a room online via the Continuing Student Housing Application
Selecting a room happens in one of four phases:
- Same Room Selection – Students who wish to keep their current assignment for the next academic year.
- Same Room Pull-In – Students who participated in Same Room can pull-in other students into their current residence, space permitting.
- Internal Room Selection – Students may select a room within their current residence either alone or with roommates.
- Students are not guaranteed a space within their current residence. Students may not be able to return to their current residence if all available rooms have already been selected.
- Students living in Warren Towers may select a room in any of the three towers; students living in The Towers may select a room in either of the two towers.
- Students studying abroad are eligible to select the academic year residence they were last assigned to prior to participating in a Boston University study abroad/internship program.
- Community Room Selection – Students may select a room in a different residence, either alone or with roommates.
Students who wish to remain in, or select into, a Living-Learning or Specialty Community residence, must apply, and be approved for, these types of housing.