Room Selection is the process by which continuing Boston University students select on-campus housing for the next academic year. To guarantee a space in housing for the following year, students must complete the Continuing Student Housing Application online which includes:
- Submitting a $600 non-refundable Housing Guarantee Payment
- Signing (electronically) the Residence License Agreement
- Selecting a room online via the Continuing Student Housing Application
Selecting a room happens in one of four phases:
- Same Room Selection – Students who wish to keep their current assignment for the next academic year.
- Same Room Pull-In – Students who participated in Same Room can pull-in other students into their current residence, space permitting.
- Internal Room Selection – Students may select a room within their current residence either alone or with roommates.
- Students are not guaranteed a space within their current residence. Students may not be able to return to their current residence if all available rooms have already been selected.
- Students living in Warren Towers may select a room in any of the three towers; students living in The Towers may select a room in either of the two towers.
- Students studying abroad are eligible to select the academic year residence they were last assigned to prior to participating in a Boston University study abroad/internship program.
- Community Room Selection – Students may select a room in a different residence, either alone or with roommates.
Students who wish to remain in, or select into, a Living-Learning or Specialty Community residence, must apply, and be approved for, these types of housing.
Living on-campus offers exceptional, affordable and convenient housing because students are close to their classes, friends, organizations, campus activities, and multiple dining options. On-campus living offers a diverse community with 24/7 security check points and swipe card access. Students maximize their time by utilizing one of our many residential study spaces, have the reassurance of our dedicated facility staff, and know that all amenities (furniture, cable TV, and reliable wireless connections) are included.