Fall 2018
Pull-in period begins: Friday, September 14, 2018
Pull-in period ends: Thursday, November 29, 2018*
Spring 2019
Pull-in period begins: Friday, January 18, 2019
Pull-in period ends: Thursday, February 7, 2019*
*The last days pull-ins will be approved. Students must complete their moves and return the key(s) to their old assignments no later than noon on Monday, December 3, 2018, for the Fall 2018 semester; no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, February 11, 2019, for the Spring 2019 semester.

A pull-in occurs when a student fills a confirmed vacancy in his or her room or apartment by “pulling in” another student.

Students are permitted to pull in other students during designated periods during fall and spring semesters.

Pull-ins are not permitted during the Intersession period (between fall and spring semesters) or during the summer for the upcoming academic year.

During pull in periods, vacancies result when a student in a multiple-occupancy room or apartment moves out. In these instances, the current resident(s) of the room or apartment are allowed 24 hours to pull in another student. Within this 24-hour period, an online Pull-in Web Form must be completed. If the resident(s) does not pull in another student within this 24-hour period, the vacancy will be managed by BU Housing and may be offered as a room change or as an initial assignment for an incoming student. (Vacancies resulting from students whose Residence License Agreements have not officially been terminated may not be used for pull-ins.)

All roommates who live in the room or apartment into which a student is pulled will be notified that a pull-in will be taking place and have the ability to register any concerns. Students must receive the approval of BU Housing before a pull-in can take place. Once a pull-in is approved, the student who is moving will have 48 hours to complete their move.

Because of variable residence rates, the residence rate for a new assignment may be more expensive than for your present assignment. You are responsible for payment of the higher rate for the new accommodation as stated in your Residence License Agreement and detailed in the academic year residence and dining plan rate schedule.

Students assigned to a dormitory-style residence are required to be on a dining plan. Therefore, room changes between dormitory-style and apartment-style residences will result in changes in dining plan status. Students who change from a dormitory-style to an apartment-style residence will be removed from their dining plan and should contact the Terrier Card Office if they wish to remain on a dining plan.