BU Adjunct Professor Chef Americo Difronzo One of Five Chefs Awarded President’s Medallions at the 2014 ACF Northeast Regional Conference
St. Augustine, Fla., April 15, 2014—Five chefs received President’s Medallions from the American Culinary Federation (ACF) April 12 at the 2014 ACF Northeast Regional Conference held at The Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Crossings, Warwick, R.I., April 11-14.
ACF President’s Medallions are presented to foodservice professionals who exemplify culinary excellence and leadership, and have contributed their knowledge, skills and expertise to the advancement of the culinary profession. Thomas Macrina, CEC®, CCA®, AAC®, ACF National President, and George O’Palenick, CEC®, CCE®, AAC®, ACF Northeast Region Vice President, presented President’s Medallions to the following ACF members.
• Americo DiFronzo, CEC®, CCA®, AAC®, executive chef, Union Oyster House, Boston, ACF Epicurean Club of Boston
• Geoffrey Lanez, CC®, student, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, R.I., ACF Rhode Island Chapter
• Michael Roddey, CEC®, CCE®, CCA®, CDM, owner/chef consultant, Gastronomic Services & Consulting, Duncansville, Pa., Southern Allegheny Chefs Association
• Robert Milam, CEC®, AAC®, chef instructor, Boone Career-Technical Center, Danville, W.Va., ACF West Virginia Chapter
• Scott Ryan, CEC®, AAC®, executive chef, The Country Club, Pepper Pike, Ohio, ACF Cleveland Chapter Inc
In 1991, Jack Braun, CEC®, AAC®, HOF, then national president, introduced ACF President’s Medallions as tokens of appreciation to give to members who positively represent ACF in the community and globally.
Approximately 500 chefs, students and foodservice professionals attended ACF’s Northeast Regional Conference, hosted by ACF Rhode Island Chapter. During the conference, attendees were able to advance their professional development through business seminars, cooking demonstrations focused on how to incorporate green and sustainable cooking concepts into restaurant kitchens, culinary competitions and awards. Learn more about the conference at www.acfchefs.org/Northeast, or at Facebook.com/ACFChefs or on Twitter @ACFChefs.