Minor in History
The purpose of this program is to offer students a chance to develop their own particular interests in History. The following are the requirements for a minor concentration in the Department of History.
- A minor concentration in History consists of six courses.
- There are no distributional requirements, but students must take at least one seminar (any CAS HI course at the 400- or 500- level).
- Students can take no more than two courses at the 100-level.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C in courses taken toward the minor concentration.
- At least three of the courses taken for the minor must be completed at Boston University.
- No more than two courses can be applied toward two different concentrations.
- MET courses do not fulfill the seminar requirement of the History minor.
- Advanced Placement examinations cannot be counted towards the History minor.
The advisor for all minors in History is Phillip Haberkern.
To declare in minor in History, please fill out the appropriate form from your home college’s undergraduate advising, affairs, or records office.