Minor in History
The following are the requirements for a minor concentration in the Department of History:
- A minor concentration in History consists of six courses.
- There are no distributional requirements, but students must take at least one seminar (course at the 400- or 500- level).
- Students can take no more than two courses at the 100-level.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C in courses taken toward the minor concentration.
- At least three of the courses taken for the minor must be completed at Boston University.
- No more than two courses can be applied toward two different concentrations.
- MET courses do not fulfill the seminar requirement of either the History Major or Minor.
The purpose of this program is to offer students a chance to develop their own particular interests in history. The adviser for all minors in History is Ben Siegel
To declare in Minor in History, please fill out the form located in your home school’s records office or print and submit a PDF version below: