About the GSO
The GSO is the official representative body of the graduate students in the Arts and Sciences at Boston University.
The purpose of the GSO is:
- To provide a forum for the discussion of matters pertaining to the welfare of graduate students at BU.
- To advocate on issues of concern to our graduate student community.
- To serve as a liaison between the graduate student body and the BU administration.
- To recommend graduate students to serve on BU committees for which graduate representation is necessary.
- To assist with the process of integrating new students into graduate student life at BU.
- To sponsor social activities and other events that encourage the development of the graduate student community.
- To foster effective communication and cooperation among undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, staff and other members of the community.