Informal recruitment is a great option for women interested in joining a sorority!
Which chapters participate in informal recruitment?
Not all of the chapters on our campus are eligible to participate in informal recruitment, but there are usually a few chapters recruiting new pledge classes informally in the fall and spring semesters!
More information about chapters participating in Informal Recruitment will be available at the beginning of the Fall 2013 semester!
Do I have to sign up for informal recruitment?
No. We will list all events and contact information for chapters participating in informal recruitment here on our website. We encourage you to reach out to the chapters and let them know that you are interested and want to attend their recruitment events.
What happens at informal recruitment events?
Informal recruitment events are exactly what they sound like .. informal! Many chapters will host dinners or just hang out. This is a chance for the chapter to get to know you and for you to get to know the women in the chapter, so be yourself and have fun!
To be eligible you must:
- be a full-time, enrolled, Boston University undergraduate student
- be a sophomore or older for fall informal recruitment. Freshmen are eligible for spring formal recruitment if they have not declined a bid during formal recruitment
- meet chapter academic standards (ask the chapter)
- have not been initiated into another National Panhellenic Conference organization
- have not declined a bid through Formal Recruitment Spring 2013 or depledged thereafter
The eligible chapters may each conduct their recruitment, if they choose to, in a different manner. They may have events and invite women, they may call women, or they may choose not to have informal recruitment. Informal recruitment may continue throughout the semester until the chapter fills or the deadline for initiating members is reached.