International travel can be daunting even without the added responsibility of organizing a project and the other participants involved. Therefore, in this section we provide information on the most important topics to consider in making your preparation as easy as possible.
You should consult the BU International Travel Risk Policy before making any plans to go abroad, as it provides valuable tools designed to ensure your health, safety, and security while traveling, such as:
- Guidance on how to register your international travel plans with us for planning and emergency support;
- Restrictions on travel to high-risk destinations for certain travelers;
- Requirements and minimum standards for insurance and emergency evacuation coverage;
- What happens when an evacuation instruction is given; and
- Guidance on export controls
Be sure to also consult the University Travel Policy before booking travel for information on making arrangements with the University’s preferred providers, such as BCD Travel. You will also find information on reimbursement of expenses, using corporate credit cards, and many other travel-related regulations.
As a basic guide to help you organize your preparation, use our pre-departure checklist for international travelers: