Università degli Studi di Napoli L’Orientale (UNO), Naples, Italy
Faculty in African studies, archaeology, classical studies, languages, linguistics, and others with an interest in the scholarly collections and research opportunities at the UNO are encouraged to apply for the UNO exchange.
Number of Participants
One BU faculty member participates in a 1:1 exchange with UNO faculty per year.
Length of Stay
Up to three weeks at UNO.
BU will cover the cost of round-trip transportation to Naples—including reasonable standard round-trip airfare and associated ground transportation. UNO provides modest lodging (typically a hotel).
Italian language skills are not required.
- A proposal (maximum of two pages) that describes a project(s) which:
- is relevant to a topic to the research currently pursued by faculty members at the UNO, or connected with the special resources of that scholarly community;
- can be accomplished within the available time;
- will benefit from the opportunity to work with students and scholars at the UNO. Applicants are strongly encouraged to identify and contact specific individuals at the Academy with whom they intend to collaborate, in advance of submitting an application.
- Details pertaining to other sources or potential sources of funding (travel grants etc.)
- Proposed timetable/dates and an indication of flexibility regarding dates
- A curriculum vitae of no more than four pages
Applications are due to by the second Friday in February each year for travel to commence no earlier than mid-May of the same year. Emailed electronic submissions are preferred. Apply to:
Willis Wang, Vice President and Associate Provost for Global Programs
888 Commonwealth Avenue, Mezzanine
Boston, MA 02215
Participating faculty will be asked to submit a brief report summarizing their work at UNO. Such feedback is useful for maintaining a productive collaboration with BU’s partner institution, and for improving the faculty experience.