Alumni in India
We are proud to have more than 850 active alumni in India and more than 2,200 Indian alumni worldwide. The Alumni Network of India offers a variety of professional, educational, and social opportunities that can help our community members broaden their base of contacts, deepen their professional knowledge, and experience India’s vast cultural and historical resources.
There are active alumni clubs in Delhi and Mumbai where senior BU development and alumni officers meet with Indian alumni regularly and frequently.
- Abhishek Bachchan (CAS’97), award-winning Bollywood film star
- Sukanya Bharatram (MET’83), philanthropist and great-granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi
- Milind Deora (Questrom’99), member of the Indian Parliament, and at 28 was one of the youngest elected
- Jaishree Deshpande (MET’89), trustee of the Deshpande Foundation, an NGO that funds innovation and entrepreneurship efforts in the United States, India, and Canada
- Rahul Khullar (GRS’84, ’85), India’s Secretary of Commerce
- Jumpa Lahiri (GRS’93, UNI’95, ’97), Pulitzer Prize-winning Indian-American author
- David Mulford (GRS’62), former US Ambassador to India
- S.D. Shibulal (MET’88), co-founder of Infosys Technologies, one of India’s largest IT companies
- Bhai Analjit Singh (Questrom’77, Questrom’79), founder and chairman of Max India Limited, a health-care-focused multi-business corporation