India Essay Contest
Prize: $500 award
Who: All BU students
Deadline: April 28, 2013
As part of Boston University’s India Initiatives, and to celebrate the BU-India Symposium on May 10, 2013, BU Global Programs announces the India Essay Prize contest for the best student essay submitted by a BU student on an Indian topic. We want to celebrate India through good writing, thus all topics relevant to India—cultural history, scientific achievement, philosophical ideas, or other areas—may be submitted. The Essay Prize is for nonfiction prose and we welcome entries that inform, delight, teach, and highlight an aspect of India in the form of personal or academic essays, research papers, commentary, or biography. Any student enrolled at BU is eligible to enter—undergraduate or graduate, full-time or part-time.
Essays should be less than 1,500 words (3 to 5 pages) and be submitted online per the submission guidelines below. Entries will be judged by a panel of faculty, staff, and/or professional writers.
- One winner will receive a $500 award
- The winner will be publicly announced on May 10, 2013 at the BU-India Symposium
- The winning submission will be featured on the BU Global Programs website
Guidelines for Eligibility and Submission
- The deadline for submission is midnight, Sunday, April 28, 2013.
- All BU students (undergraduate or graduate; part-time or full time) are eligible.
- Entries may be nonfiction prose only, and be less than 1,500 words, typed double-spaced in Arial font.
- Add your BU student ID# on the top left corner of the essay (the student’s name should NOT appear anywhere on the essay page itself). Names should appear on the submission form only.
- Students may submit multiple entries, each with a new submission form.
- Entries written for classes or as part of undergraduate theses are eligible (however, works that have been previously published are not eligible).
- The winning essay will be featured on the BU Global Programs website and used for promotion in other media for BU Global Programs. The student will retain copyright.
For further questions and information, please contact Deepti Nijhawan, Director, India initiatives, BU Global Programs at email@example.com.
Please note that the deadline for submitting essays has passed. Thank you for your interest in the BU India Essay Prize contest.