Strengthening Community Health Services
Duration: May 1, 2009 – April 30, 2011
Donor: Izumi Foundation
Overview: The goal of this quality improvement program is to sustainably improve the quality of primary care in the Leribe district through the continuing education of Registered Nurses from district health centers and Motebang’s Out-Patient Department in order to improve the delivery of hospital outpatient services, provide the necessary support systems to improve service delivery at the health centers, and enhance coordination between health centers and district hospitals.
- Develop a continuing education program
- Integration with other training opportunities in the Leribe district, especially those at Motebang Hospital
- Compile guidelines and procedures for ambulatory care services
- Strengthen and streamline the referral process
- Address challenges in management and quality assurance
- Build in sustainability
For more information, please visit LeBoHa’s main page at the Lesotho-Boston Health Alliance.