Mexico Field Program
The Summer Program in Mexico is conducted in collaboration with the Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica (INSP) in Cuernavaca, 70 kilometers south of Mexico City.
**Applications for 2018 were close as of January 21, 2018.
What does the field practicum consist of?
- You will carry out a community assessment
- You will work alongside MPH students at School of Public Health in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
- You will report your findings back to the community
- You will prioritize health needs together with the community
- You will earn 4 credits, (course number: GH774).
What are the requirements?
- High proficiency in Spanish
- Capacity to work in a team with students from a higher education institution in Mexico
- Interest in working in the community
- Availability to attend five orientation sessions during Spring Semester.
Summer 2018 Program Details
Course Dates: tentatively, May 10 – July 13, 2018 – 10 weeks
2018 Orientation Dates scheduled 8am-10am on five Fridays within the spring semester:
- February 16, 8am-10am: Community Health Assessment
- February 23, 8am-10am: Protocol for the Assessment
- March 2, 8am-10am: Priority Health Assessment
- March 16, 8am-10am: Precede – Proceed Model
- March 23, 8am-10am: Housing and Departure Briefing
Program Info – PowerPoint presentation from info sessions: Presentacion – practica comunitaria – Mexico 2018
Download the Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability Form. You must sign and scan a copy of it. If you do not have access to a scanner, please come to the GH Office and the admin assistants can help you with this.
On the INSP Mexico Online Application Form complete all applicable fields and upload the following documents:
- Essay responses in Spanish & English
- Scanned copy of passport; must be valid through end of 2018
- Assumption of Risk & Release of Liability Form
- Current resume or CV
If you have any questions or have problems with the online form, please contact, Joseph Anzalone . After submitting your online application, scroll to the top of the page for confirmation.