Kenya Field Program
NOTE – The Kenya course has shifted and will be offered at a different venue, with a different partner, for summer 2016. See the 2016 GH707 course in Tanzania for details. The information below shows the program in 2015.
**Applications will be accepted from January 12, 2015 until February 17, 2015**
Course Dates: May 25-June 29, 2015
2015 Orientation Dates (attendance required):
- April 10: Orientation to Living and Working at Kilimanjaro Bush Camp – What to expect, What to pack, and What to Leave Home
- April 17: Habari Gani – Basic Swahili Greetings
- April 24: An Orientation to Monitoring and Evaluation of the Kenyan Community Health Strategy
The SPH Kenya website contains full details of the course.
Kenya Program Info Sessions
We will hold separate info sessions on Tuesday, November 18 from 12:30-1:30pm in CT-305 and Wednesday, January 14 from 5-6pm in CT-305 where you can come have your questions answered. Take a look here for a copy of the PowerPoint presentation from November’s info session.
For detailed instructions on how to apply for the Kenya Program, including deadlines and a checklist of necessary documents, download and review the Application_Information_Sheet_2015.
Application Forms & Downloads
Download the following three documents. You must sign and scan a copy of each. If you do not have access to a scanner, please come to the GH Office and the admin assistants can help you with this.
Online Application Form
Complete all applicable fields and upload the following documents at the end of the form:
- SFS Info Sheet & Essay responses
- Copy of unofficial transcript
- Scanned electronic color passport image
- Scanned electronic passport photos (directions in the Application Information Sheet)
- SFS Acknowledgement & Assumption of Risk
- Terms and Regulations Contract
- Completed online application form
If you have any questions or have problems with the online form, please contact the GH program manager, Travis DiJoseph . After submitting your online application, scroll to the top of the page for confirmation.