Part-time Administrative Assistant position available (Department of Global Health/Center for Global Health & Development)
The Department of Global Health/Center for Global Health & Development at SPH is now hiring a MPH student for a part-time Administrative Assistant for the summer starting in the end of May. This is a great opportunity for students to join a vibrant team and get further involved with the Department & the Center.
This position is central to the functionality of the whole office. In addition to managing daily and weekly priorities and tasks, it also entails trouble-shooting and fielding questions or needs for faculty, staff, and visitors to the department.
- Assist in event and meeting management, including booking rooms, setting up, providing audio-visual assistance as needed, food and drink ordering, and breaking down
- Assist in communications, including composing emails, making flyers, website design and upkeep
- Manage calendars and communal technology equipment for conference rooms in the department
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate person according to their needs
- Responsible for maintaining overall office tidiness in copy area, communal kitchen, conference rooms
- Assist Department/Center faculty and staff with administrative, research and course related needs
- Operate and troubleshoot office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, printers, computers and phone systems
- Problem solve and respond quickly to requests
- Conduct searches to find additional information for general office or specific faculty/staff member requests
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of the Department/Center and the Events and Communications Specialist of the Department/Center
- Take on additional office projects as needed
- Ability to work as a part of a larger team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to interface with other departments, individuals, and vendors via face to face, phone, and email communication.
- Proficiency in time-management and multi-tasking
- Discretion in handling confidential information
- Attentive to detail, particularly in financial projects
- Experience with WordPress, Microsoft Outlook Calendars, Microsoft Office
- Current MPH student at SPH
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule during the summer months
Hours: Monday and Tuesday from 8:30-5:00pm for July & August 2017
Preference will be given to applicants who are interested in possibly continuing in the position through Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 with hours flexible depending on your schedule.
Apply by June 30th:
Email your cover letter and Resume/CV to email@example.com with the subject DGH/CGHD Admin Position – Your name