Executive Assistant (EA) to a Global Health Advocate and Founder of Care 2 Communities
Executive Assistant (EA) to a Global Health Advocate and Non-profit Founder
The EA will work directly with Elizabeth Sheehan, a social entrepreneur, founder and president of a nonprofit (Care 2 Communities), and impact investor.
Areas of Elizabeth’s focus are:
- Strengthening global health systems at the base of the pyramid, with a focus on women and children in Haiti
- Fostering and growing philanthropy networks that drive impact investing into global health solutions
- Building a platform for engagement with and promotion of global health issues through attending conferences, speaking at events, and establishing an online presence
- Convening activists in the local community to address current political issues
The EA will play an instrumental role in Elizabeth’s multiple work streams. Activities include:
- Develop and update core speeches, visual presentation content (PowerPoint or Keynote), remarks, and talking points for Elizabeth as the founder of C2C, a high-impact woman philanthropist, and an impact investor in health solutions
- Draft and maintain professional email correspondences and phone calls on Elizabeth’s behalf with C2C staff, prospective partners, Women Moving Millions (WMM) members, and philanthropists
- Monitor and flag relevant daily news channels, articles, institutional calendars and events, and contributions from other leaders in field
- Research and prepare briefing documents for key events, reviewing and vetting meetings, conferences and speaking opportunities
- Expand Elizabeth’s social media and online advocacy through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and WordPress
The EA Position is multi-faceted and equal time will be dedicated to:
- Research, development, and editing of speech and presentation content
- Curation of an online library (Google Drive) of relevant briefing material on key subject matter
- Provide ongoing editorial support for op eds, bios and other relevant writings
- Support the Executive Director of C2C and other staff to coordinate fundraising efforts, scheduling of calls and meetings with donors and partners, and other logistics as needed; manage executive presence through communication with C2C staff and board on materials, speeches, meetings, and identification of key influencers
- Coordination of local political and philanthropic events
- Scheduling of travel plans and other logistics as requested
The ideal candidate will have a high degree of professionalism, discretion and flexibility, as well as the ability to think strategically and connect dots, synthesize and distill information from C2C, Women Moving Millions and other organizational work, and deliver editorial excellence. Ideally, s/he will be collaborative, efficient, highly organized and have the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience working as executive assistant to an executive, entrepreneur, or political/advocacy leader (Master of Public Health students strongly encouraged to apply)
- Prior experience in executive communication, speech writing, correspondence, or content development
- Exceptional listener and effective written and oral communicator with high attention to detail and ability to synthesize many different ideas and create rich content
- Familiarity with global health, poverty, and/or social enterprise and impact investing fields.
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Skilled in social media engagement, content and tactics
- Professional, poised, and discrete.
- Flexible availability—alternative hours occasionally. Begin at 20-25 hours and may increase to full-time.
- Must be able to work in US and travel to Sherborn or Wellesley, MA once or more a week
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.