Travel Opportunity in Cuba – combining Arts & Public Health
Join MetaMovements Latin Dance Company & the Office of Public Health Practice to learn about a research experience of a lifetime… in CUBA!
When: March 25 from 5:00 to 6:00 pm
Where: 670 Albany Street, Room 108
What: Hear from students at the Boston University School of Public Health about their experiences conducting research for credit in Cuba (and learn how you can travel there yourself in either Summer or December of 2014!)
RSVP to attend this informational session: email@example.com
Special features of trips include:
· Directly observe the practices of professionals in health, education, theatre, music, and dance
· Visiting sites that run dance & music programs for youth, seniors, and people with special needs
· Learning how dance & music are being used as essential tools in education, community organizing, mental & public health
· Learning about the roots of Salsa including Afro-Cuban, Son & Rumba
· Building historical understanding of how dance & music have shaped Cuban culture and life over a several centuries
Visit the website (www.metamovements.com/cuba) to learn more about the programs that are available. There are special programs & rates for groups who want to travel together. There are also performance & teaching opportunities for those who are interested.
We look forward to meeting with you and sharing more about this exciting opportunity!