Fellowship Opportunities in Food Security and Nutrition (Global Health Corps)
Global Health Corps pairs intelligent and passionate fellows with organizations that require new thinking and innovative solutions. One-year paid fellowship positions are available with high impact NGOs and government organizations in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia. Applicants can apply for up to 3 fellowship positions that match their interests and skills, from project management to monitoring and evaluation, engineering, communications and more. We are looking for people from a broad range of sectors and disciplines.
We provide our fellows with the tools to remain connected after their fellowship year finishes, deepening their ability to enact change through strengthened skills and many new partnerships.
Fellowship positions beginning July 2014 include the following food security and nutrition placements:
B02-USA: Health and Nutrition Fellow, Burundi Ministry of Health, Burundi
M07-USA: Community Nutrition Support Fellow, Clinton Development Initiative, Malawi
R09-USA: Community Nutrition Education Fellow, Partners In Health, Rwanda
Please see links below positions for full description and qualifications.
The only requirements are that applicants must:
- Be 30 years old or younger
- Hold a university degree
- Be proficient in English
No prior health or international experience is necessary!
- Livable monthly stipend
- Free housing and utilities
- Health insurance
- A professional development grant of $600
- A completion award of $1500
- An advising program that pairs fellows with a mentor in their area of work or interest
- A two-week Training Institute at Yale University in the United States to begin the fellowship
- An End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
- Three multi-day retreats during the year
- Travel to placement site, all trainings and back home
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Accompaniment program led by Still Harbor
How to Apply:
Full job description listings can be found at http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/through-placements/. Applicants can apply for up to 3 positions that match their skills and interests.
Applications will close January 26, 2014. Apply at http://ghcorps.org/fellows/apply/.