Initiative to End Childhood Malnutrition (IECM) Volunteer Program Coordinator
IECM is seeking two young professionals to fulfill Program Coordinator responsibilities for a one-year term based at Nyakibale Hospital in southwest rural Uganda. IECM is a comprehensive malnutrition program that serves the Rukungiri district. It includes both inpatient and outpatient malnutrition services, outreach and education. The program also provides mentorship and supervision to undergraduates involved in nutrition projects during January and summer terms.
– Position requires applicant to have at least an undergraduate university education. Public health training such as an MPH is preferred.
– Interest in medicine, public health, education and/or international development is essential.
– Previous experience traveling to or living in the developing world is preferred.
– Expected Start of Position is in May 2013, for a term of one year.
– The position is voluntary with no salary. Room, Board, and Travel is subsidized.
If interested in applying, please send a brief letter of intent and a copy of your curriculum vitae to Lianna Tabar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Keri Cohn (email@example.com).