Clinical Addiction Research and Education (CARE) Unit – Research Assistant (RA)
The BU School of Medicine/Boston Medical Center’s Clinical Addiction Research and Education (CARE) Unit is seeking a bright and motivated student to assist faculty and staff with research activities. The CARE Unit is an academic unit addressing clinical, education, and research aspects of alcohol and other drug use disorders, including the relationship between substance use and HIV/AIDS in international settings.
Research Assistant (RA) responsibilities may include:
- Literature searches & maintaining a reference database (i.e., RefWorks)
- Writing summaries of scientific articles
- Creating & editing research presentations with PowerPoint
- Editing & submitting journal articles
- Assisting in the preparation of grant proposals
- Coordinating meetings (e.g., preparing handouts, taking minutes, arranging conference calls)
- Making travel arrangements
- Assisting with planning and evaluation of an addiction medicine training program
- Setting up and orienting international fellows and other visiting trainees
- Editing website content
- Misc. tasks (e.g., on-campus errands, data entry, and chart review)
Preferred experience, skills, & interests:
- Searching for references using library databases
- Summarizing articles for academic papers
- Enrolled in a Masters degree of public health program
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team
- Interest in HIV or addiction issues
This is a great opportunity for a highly organized and detail-oriented student wishing to gain experience in grant writing and the conduct of research. The CARE Unit is located on the BU Medical Campus – 801 Massachusetts Ave., Crosstown.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Carly Bridden, Clinical Research Manager: Carly.Bridden@bmc.org.