Steps to Successfully Register
1) Check your Compliance Status on the Studentlink to make sure that your tuition has been settled, your immunizations are up to date, and that you have no other administrative holds on your student account.
Common reasons for holds on student accounts include:
A) Failure to update emergency alert phone numbers on the Student Link. This must be done every semester.
B) Non-compliance with Massachusetts Motor Vehicle law. All students moving to Massachusetts from out of state, whether they own a car or not, must read and acknowledge the Mass Motor vehicle Law. In addition, all non-resident students bringing cars into Massachusetts from out of state must complete the Non-resident Driver Statement form and return it to the Registrar’s office.
2) Find Courses
3) Pickup or Print out your registration form, fill out form completely, and obtain your advisers signature where required.
Hard copies of forms are available outside Religion 302.
*If your adviser is on a leave, in lieu of the required signature, please make sure that you attach to your registration form an email from him/her approving your course selections.*
4) When Applicable, complete a Full-time Certification Form
PhD students registering for any amount credits and receiving a full-fellowship are automatically granted full-time status and are not required to submit this form.
PhD students who do not have full fellowships are still required to use this form if they are registering for less than 12 credits.
5) Registering for Fall Semester Only: All current students are required to submit a GDRS Student Progress Report each Spring Semester before their registration for the proceeding Fall semester.
6) Obtain your Academic Advising Code: In order to register for your classes online you will need your academic advising code. To obtain this code, please see the GDRS Program Coordinator with a completed registration form that is signed by both you and your adviser. Upon review of the signatures, the GDRS Program Coordinator will provide you with your academic advising code label and a copy of your form so that you can register yourself online. The GDRS Program Coordinator will keep a copy of your form(s) for our files.
7) Register using WebReg on the Studentlink.
Students Beyond Coursework
See the Continuing Student Registration Page
Many PhD Students are eligible for Summer Research Registration. Though not required, students may choose to register over the summer if they are doing full-time research related to their degree and need access to BU’s facilities. Please see Claire or Karen for more information information on this option.
Keep in mind that you must register each semester in order to remain in good standing. Students who can not fulfill their obligations due to personal circumstances can take a Leave of Absence. Students are automatically granted 2 semesters leave during the course of their degree.