Stay tuned for upcoming mindfulness workshops conducted by FSAO counselor Karen Brouhard!...
Families are both a joy and a challenge at each stage of the life cycle. One- or two-parent families, single-sex and blended families, and families involving stepparents, grandparents, and in-laws are some of today’s contemporary families we live in. Going to work after a baby, juggling the schedules of working parents with children and older family members, and dealing with illness or death are only a few of the many family situations we face.
Some signs that you may need some extra help as a parent:
- Arguments with your family
- Feeling at odds with your child most of the time
- Feeling at odds with your spouse or ex-spouse concerning
- Irritability, moodiness, or social isolation
- Neglecting previously enjoyable activities
- Confusion regarding effective and appropriate discipline
- Adjusting to a new step-family
- Adjusting to divorce or remarriage
- Coping with a family crisis
- Coping with illness or death
- Difficult behavior at home
- Persistent moodiness
- Poor school performance
- Substance abuse
If these or any other issues concern to you, please call the FSAO at 617-353-5381 to schedule an appointment. Remember, FSAO is a free, confidential benefit for Boston University employees and their families.