Wine Level 3: Mastering Wine - Skill Development
Level 3 provides students with a mastery of the world-wide wine industry. The curriculum is divided into the following sections: viticulture, vinification, maturation; winetasting, including blind tasting; the interaction of wine and food; the business of wine. There are 14 3-hour classes including a final exam covering tasting skills, factual information and essay writing. Prerequisite: a passing grade in Level 2.
GLASSES: Please bring 6 tasting glasses to class. Glasses are available for purchase for $20 on the first day of class. You may pay cash or check to your instructor.
REQUIRED TEXTS: Wine Production: Vine to Bottle. Keith Grainger and Hazel Tattersall, 2005.
Essential Winetasting. Michael Schuster, Mitchell Beazley, 2009 (older editions are
Wine Marketing And Sales: Success Strategies for a Saturated Market, 2nd Edition. Liz
Thach, Janeen Olsen, Paul Wagner, Wine Appreciation Guild, 2007, 2011
Mondovino (DVD), Jonathan Nossiter, 2004
- General Public: $2000.00
- Bill Nesto (Presenter)
One of only two Masters of Wine residing in New England.
- Stacy Woods (Presenter)
Stacy Woods is a Certified Wine Educator (CWE) and is currently a candidate for the Master of Wine (MW). Her experience in the wine trade is multifaceted, having worked at every tier of the wine trade. She was most recently the wine and spirits division manager for Atlas Distributing.
Meets at Boston University: 808 Commonwealth Ave., Demonstration Room, Room 117 at 6:00 pm (14 meetings)
- Wednesday, September 03, 2014
- Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014
- Wednesday, October 01, 2014
- Wednesday, October 08, 2014
- Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Wednesday, November 05, 2014
- Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- Wednesday, November 19, 2014
- Wednesday, December 03, 2014
- Wednesday, December 10, 2014