Wine Level 3: Mastering Wine - Skill Development
Level 3 provides students with a mastery of the world-wide wine industry. The curriculum is divided into the following sections: viticulture, vinification,maturation; winetasting, including blind tasting; the interaction of wine and food; the business of wine. There are 14 3-hour classes including a final exam covering tasting skills, factual information and essay writing. Prerequisite: a passing grade in Level 2.
BOOKS: Wine Production: Wine to Bottle. Keith Grainger and Hazel Tattersall (Blackwell: 2005). Essential Winetasting. Michael Schuster (Mitchell Beazley: 2009). Wine with Food. Joanna Simon (Mitchel Beazley: 1996). Wine Marketing and Sales: Success Strategies for a Saturated Market. Liz Thach, Janeen Olsen, Paul Wagner (Wine Appreciation Guild: 2007). Textbooks are not included but meay be purchases at the bookseller of your choice or at Boston University's Barnes and Noble.
GLASSES: Please bring 6 tasting glasses to class. Glasses are available for purchase for $20 on your first day of class. You may pay cash or check to your instructor.
- General Public: $2550.00
- Bill Nesto (Presenter)
One of only two Masters of Wine residing in New England.
Meets at Boston University: 808 Commonwealth Ave., Demonstration Room, Room 117 at 6:00 pm (14 meetings)
- Wednesday, September 07, 2011
- Wednesday, September 14, 2011
- Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- Wednesday, September 28, 2011
- Wednesday, October 05, 2011
- Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Wednesday, October 19, 2011
- Wednesday, October 26, 2011
- Wednesday, November 02, 2011
- Wednesday, November 09, 2011
- Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Wednesday, November 30, 2011
- Wednesday, December 07, 2011
- Wednesday, December 14, 2011