Practice your swing.
Members of the Fitness & Recreation Center also gain access to the Track & Tennis Center, located at 100 Ashford Street. The Track & Tennis Center (TTC) features a banked six-lane 200 meter indoor track, an exterior flat jogging lane, tennis courts, golf range (for recreational class only), and locker rooms with day-use lockers. FitRec members are eligible to use the TTC for recreational use; members may bring guests at the guest fee rate of $12 (credit card only).
Indoor tennis court reservations
Track & Tennis Center
100 Ashford Street
Reservation availability varies throughout the semester. During the summer, courts are available on a walk-in basis during hours listed below.
How to Make a Tennis Reservation
Reminder: You must be either a full-time student or a FitRec member to make a reservation. Reservations go live at midnight the day before. (Ex: Reservations for Wednesday open Tuesday at midnight.)
- Click on “Make a Reservation.”
- Check that you are searching the preferred date by clicking “Court Search Criteria”.
- Select your preferred reservation time from the search results, then click “add to cart”.
- Log in using either your BU email account or your FitRec account. If you have neither a BU Email account nor a FitRec account, you must register for a FitRec account.
- Choose yourself as “Player #1” and click “continue”. A usage code is not required.
- Select “Proceed to Checkout”. When prompted, check that your billing information is accurate, then click “continue”.
- Your reservation has now been booked and you will receive an email confirmation.
- Please be sure that you are logged out after reserving your court and check your email promptly to confirm that you have a court reserved.
Track & Tennis Center Hours
Monday - Friday
9 am – 4 pm
Saturday – Sunday
August 6 - 8
August 20 - 24, 27 - 31
12 pm - 4 pm
Closed for Labor Day
Outdoor tennis court reservations
285 Babcock Street
The three hard courts are available to FitRec Members and Full-Time Students on a walk-up basis at the courts between 9 am – 8 pm daily.
Schedule subject to occasional interruption from instructional programs and other events. If weather permits, classes generally run outdoors on Mondays and Wednesdays between the hours of 9 am and 2 pm in the fall, spring, and summer. Summer classes also take place on the outdoor courts between 9 am and 1 pm on Saturdays, and Monday through Thursday evenings between 4pm and 8pm.
Notice: The outdoor tennis courts are generally open and playable for the fall semester (through mid-November), after spring break, and throughout the summer. Please note the courts will be closed from early to late May for BU Commencement preparations, ceremonies and breakdown. The availability of the courts is also subject to other scheduled events. Please be respectful those playing on adjacent courts. If others are waiting, please limit court time to 1 hour per group. For more information, please contact facility management at 617-353-2771.
|Track and Tennis Center Control Desk
|TTC Facility Rentals for University Affiliated Events
Contact Tim Cavanaugh
|Facility Rentals for Non-University Events
Contact Alan Weinberger, Athletics
Shoes and balls which mark the courts are prohibited. Youth members may participate only under adult supervision.
Check-in procedures & check-in locations
A valid Boston University Terrier Card with FitRec membership or a Guest Pass must be presented by each player in order to claim a reservation and use the facility. Daily guest passes are $12 (credit card only).
Forfeiture of reservation
If a reservation is not claimed within 15 minutes of the reservation start time, all rights to that reservation are forfeited. Parties found to be stacking reservations will forfeit all reservations that day.