Programs for beginners to experts
We offer a wide range of classes for adults looking to learn how to swim, to learn a new skill like springboard diving, or to find a new way to work out in our water fitness classes.
A reminder, adult aquatics classes are open to the public; an affiliation with Boston University is not a requirement.
Swimming is an excellent alternative to cardio machines, and it is a great form of all-around exercise, ideal for any age or fitness level. Swimming is also a relaxing, low-pressure exercise that can improve mood, relieve stress, and help you unwind. Many swimmers describe feeling more relaxed after they get into the groove of swimming as a part of their regular exercise routine. Here are some other compelling benefits of swimming:
- Alternating different swim strokes helps to work a large variety of muscle groups.
- Water can support up to 90% of the body’s weight, making it an ideal form of exercise for people with injuries, chronic pain, or disabilities.
- Unlike running and strength training, swimming is exercise you can do almost every day without risk of injury.
- An hour of swimming can burn as many as 500 calories.
- Swimming is a great way to increase flexibility and range of motion.
Private Swim Lessons for Adults
We offer private and semi-private lessons for swimmers with specific needs, or those who desire one-on-one instruction.
Availability for Private Swim Lessons
- Please be advised that the weeknights after 4 p.m. and weekend mornings before 12 p.m. are peak private swim lesson times with limited availability. In addition, we sometimes host various events that do not allow for private lessons to be held while the events are running.
- The Competition Pool is unavailable for private swim lessons every weekday 2–6 p.m. and on Saturdays 7–10 a.m. The Recreation Pool is unavailable for private swim lessons on Sundays 8–9 a.m. and Saturdays and Sundays 2–5 p.m.
One 60-minute lesson
Member Pricing: $65Non-Member Pricing: $75Register Now
30-minute lessons, 5-session package
Member Pricing: $175Non-Member Pricing: $220Register Now
60-minute lessons, 5-session package
Member Pricing: $315Non-Member Pricing: $370Register Now
60-minute semi-private lessons, 5-session package
Member Pricing: $250Non-Member Pricing: $300Register Now