Members - free fitness classes are back this summer! Space is limited and classes are first come, first serve. Visit the Front Desk to check in and receive your Class Pass, then enjoy your workout!
FitRec offers a wide range
of group exercise, weight training, fitness classes and
personal training services, as well as a
two floor, 18,000 square foot Gerald Tsai, Jr. Fitness Center.
- PE Classes-for BU students who wish to take physical activity classes and earn credit from Boston University
- Noncredit Classes- for BU Students, Faculty/Staff and the general public who wish to take activity class
- Personal Training- information how to register for personal training sessions and the packages available for purchase
- Policies- information about the expectations for all users of the Gerald Tsai Jr. Fitness Center
- Facilities-information about the equipment available for usein the Gerald Tsai Jr. Fitness Center
- Nutrition- links you to the Sargent Choice Nutrition Center for information about nutrition offerings
The first floor
of the Gerald Tsai Jr. Fitness Center includes an extensive
cardiovascular area as well as two classrooms each
outfitted with complete circuits of Hoist Roc-It, Precor, Icarian, Paramount or Hoist equipment. The second floor includes
an extensive array of plate loaded, selectorized and free
weight equipment as well as cardiovascular equipment overlooking
To make your workouts
more enjoyable, the cardiovascular equipment has access to
Cardio Theater. For those who prefer a quieter workout,
the second level has a lobby with a complete circuit of Paramount
equipment as well as several treadmills, bikes and crosstrainers
overlooking the pool.
Watch this video to learn more about fitness classes!
Be well at BU: more on-campus resources to support your wellness efforts!
FitRec Fitness is looking for Group Exercise instructors and Personal Trainers.
- Group Exercise Instructors - create and deliver credit and noncredit group exercise classes that inspire, motivate and are effective and safe for class participants with varying fitness levels in a professional and friendly atmosphere. BU is unique in that it provides ongoing continuing education, training, and events.
- Requirements: Minimum of 1-3 years of group exercise instruction experience and demonstrates ability to teach in a group setting by passing an audition, Adult CPR & AED, AFAA, ACE, ACSM or similar Certification or graduate of FT304A1 or FT306A1 or BU In-house training.
- Contact Michael Lagomarsine
Happy Hour Workouts
Every Friday we offer a Happy Hour Workout from 4-5pm. A great way to try a new activity!
Drop into a variety of classes on your schedule, instead of signing up for just one class.
Fast paced aerobics class featuring Latin tunes and easy to follow moves.