Dance Theater Rental Rates & Fees
Boston University offers standard and customized rental packages that range from full production performances, to master classes and conferences.
For more information on the rates and fees for your group, please click on the appropriate link below:
- Boston University Student Groups
- Nonprofit Groups
- Conferences and Meetings
- Master Classes, Rehearsals and Informal Events
All Performance packages are modeled for low to medium technical needs, using the Dance Theater's repertory lighting plot, and sound system. For higher production value performances additional load-in, strike, and rehearsal time may be required. Additional fees may apply.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTION CHARGES
Additional costs, may include, but are not limited to the following: additional light and sound equipment, liability insurance, box office, catering, parking, and other costs associated with production. Fees for some additional services:
- $140.00 per hour for additional tech time (Includes light and sound board operators)
- Price varies for additional Load-In and Strike time depending on the needs of the performance; please call to discuss.
- $20.00 - $120.00 per event for Box Office Services. Plans vary depending on level of service. Dance Theater Ticketing Options
- $650.00 for each additional performance plus $80.00 per hour for Technical and Front of House support.
- $200.00 per hour penalty for use of space beyond contracted hours
- Catering cost varies. Spring 2008 Menu Catering on the Charles (All catering must go through BU's Catering on the Charles)
Please contact Lynda Rieman at email@example.com or 617-353-0866 for referrals to specific vendors for lighting, sound and other technical equipment. The University Electrical Department will also oversee all electrical tie-ins, which will require additional fees.
CUSTOM PACKAGE OPTIONS
Custom estimates and packages are available. To request an estimate please submit the Rental Request Form.
THEATER RENTAL GUIDLINES
The University requires a 10% non-refundable deposit to save the date. The balance and the contract are due four months prior to the event. In case of cancellation, the following schedule applies:
November 16, 2009>If you rent the studio/theater, we ask your help in getting us timely, accurate information so we can list your production in the:
- Cancellation less than 90 days prior to beginning of the rental period forfeits 50% of rental fee.
- Cancellation 60-89 days prior to beginning of the rental period forfeits 100% of rental fee.
- Glass Case in the Buick St. Lobby
- Kiosk poster stations
- Our website
- Event flyer handed out to patrons who visit the Dance Theater events.
The University requires that all studio/theater renters take out and maintain, during the period of the facility rental, the following insurance: 1. Commercial General Liability Insurance naming Trustees of Boston University as an additional insured, subject to a combined single limit of at least $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage. 2. If renter already has Worker's Compensation Insurance, then renter must provide evidence of statutory coverage and Employers Liability Insurance subject to a limit of at least $500,000 per accident. Worker’s Compensation Insurance is not required otherwise.Evidence of insurance shall be submitted on a Certificate of Insurance showing "occurrence" form policies with companies acceptable to the University. Such certificate shall show any special coverage provisions required and shall provide for 30 days notice of cancellation, material change or intent not to renew.For those renters who are unable to satisfy the University's insurance requirements, the University will make available as an option a Tenant Users Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) - which will enable renters to purchase a special, short-term, liability insurance policy that will provide protection for the renting entity and satisfy the University's insurance requirements.
University Complimentary Tickets
The University may reserve up to four complimentary tickets per week at its own discretion, but shall not do so for any sold out performance.
Contact Lynda Rieman firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-0866 for more information.