Insurance Reimbursement Letters
If your health insurance offers a wellness benefit, Boston University's Fitness and Recreation Center will provide ONE letter per membership year verifying membership benefit, plan type, payment and duration.
What do I need to do?
1. First, check to be sure that your insurance coverage includes
a Fitness Benefit and learn about what the eligibility requirements are before requesting proof of membership from FitRec.
2. Unless otherwise specified, FitRec will follow the requirements of Boston University's wellness benefit. You must have been a FitRec member for a full four months (in a calendar year), your payments must meet or exceed $150 in membership fees and you may only request one letter per membership plan per calendar year. You have until March 31 to claim for the prior calendar year.
Please note: If you do not meet the above requirements and you have not provided special instructions, your Fitness Benefit request for reimbursement will not be processed.
3. Once you are certain that you meet the above requirements, please fill out the Fitness Benefit Insurance Reimbursement form. You may stop by the FitRec front desk to fill out the form or you can download it here:
2013 Fitness Benefit Insurance Reimbursement Request form
4. To submit your request, please drop off the completed form at the FitRec front desk, email Nate Fuller, Membership Graduate Assistant, at email@example.com or fax it to 617-353-5147.
5. Our staff will create a personalized letter that verifies your membership benefits, plan type, payment and duration. You may pick the letter up at the FitRec front desk. Please allow 5 business days for pick-up requests. Letters will not be mailed.
6. If you are a member of Blue Cross/Blue Shield Massachusetts, you may complete the Fitness Benefit Form.