Boston University Student Group Rentals
Whether you're a recognized student organization, an RHA group, or an informal group of BU students, FitRec has something fun for everyone!
referees available upon request
Saturdays - 12:30pm-2:30pm
Sundays - 12:30pm-2:30pm
Saturdays - 2pm-5pm
Sundays - 2pm - 4pm
*There is a charge of $15/hr per staff member required according to the above ratios.
Here is a link to our online request form. A minimum of 2 weeks advance notice is required for all reservations.
Reservation Request Form
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I make a reservation?
- Please complete the Online Facility Request Form to begin the process. Completion of this form does not guarantee a reservation. If your request can be accommodated, you will be required to complete a rental agreement and payment in full 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Requests will be processed on a first come, first serve basis. Requests made less than 2 weeks in advance will not be accommodated.
Are Non-BU students allowed?
The rental rates listed above apply only to groups comprised exclusively of BU students. Arrangements can be made to include non-affiliated participants for a higher hourly rate.
Can I make a reservation during the week?
Unfortunately, we do not have availability to accommodate events on weeknights. There is limited availability early on Friday afternoons during the semester.
Can I reserve a Multi-Purpose Room?
- Registered SAO groups may request spaces for ongoing weekly rehearsals/practices by filling out the Space Request Form.
- These must be submitted each semester to the Director of Dance, Micki Taylor-Pinney. We begin taking Fall space requests early May and Spring space requests in early December. Requests are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Groups are likely to hear 2 – 4 weeks before the beginning of the semester. Each group can have a maximum of 4 hours per week.
- You may e-mail the Space Request Form back to us, or you may bring a hard copy into our office. We are located on the second floor of the FitRec center in the PERD suite. Please include as much information as possible regarding your preferences for times and rooms. You can contact us at 353-1597 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the schedule has been approved, you have been notified and accepted the time slot(s), an eboard member must come in to sign the contract. Only FitRec members/students are allowed at rehearsals/practices; no guest teachers or students from other universities are allowed.
- We do not have the staffing to permit one-shot practices/rehearsals. We advise that SAO groups seek alternate spaces for these purposes.
- Please understand it is a privilege and not a right to use our FitRec facilities and there are policies and procedures that must be observed. Failure to abide by these policies and procedures will result in the loss of privileges.
- Individual FitRec members may request an ongoing rehearsal/practice time using the same process but they will be accommodated after all SAO group requests have been fulfilled.
- For rentals for classes/workshops please complete the above facility reservation request form. A minimum of two weeks’ notice is required for all requests. There is a rental fee associated with all rentals. Please note: FitRec policy states that our facilities will NOT be rented for classes/workshops in styles/genres that we offer as part of our instructional programs.
Can the Multi-purpose rooms be used on a drop-in basis?
Yes. Please review our open studio policy for details.
What do I need to know about reserving a Gym?
- DODGEBALL EVENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN FITREC.
- The rental fee incudes exclusive use of the reserved court(s).
- There is an EMT is on staff at all times in FitRec. There is no additional fee for this service.
- In the upstairs, 4-Court Gym: basketball or volleyball are permitted. These are the only sports allowed in the 4-Court gym.
- In the lower, 3-Court Gym: soccer, table tennis, badminton, and kickball are all options. *Please Note: availability in this space is EXTREMELY limited during the semester*
- Basketball, Soccer, and Volleyballs can be checked out from the Pro-Shop on L1 using your terrier card.
- Referees are available upon request for an additional fee.
- Tables and chairs can be provided for your event if arrangements are made in advance.
- FitRec is NOT able to provide pinnies for your tournament. Please ask your players to plan accordingly.
What do I need to know about reserving the Climbing Wall?
- The rental fee includes exclusive use of the climbing wall and climbing equipment for all participants.
- A 1:5 ratio of belayers to climbers must be maintained. A Minimum of 3 climbing wall supervisors is required for all events. Each belayer is an additional $15/hr.
- Comfortable, athletic attire should be worn. Socks are recommended. No skirts, baggy pants, or bulky sweatshirts.
- Please Note: rock wall rentals are recreational, not instructional; participants will NOT be taught how to belay
- Helmets are required for all participants aged 12 and under.
What do I need to know about reserving the Recreation Pool?
- The rental fee includes exclusive use of the recreation pool area and pool toys.
- A 1:10 of lifeguards to swimmers must be maintained. A minimum of 2 lifeguards is required for all pool events. Each lifeguard is an additional $15/hr.
- There is a minimum 1-hour reservation for all pool events.
- Towels are NOT provided; students wishing to rent a towel can do so at the Pro-shop for $1.00.
- Swim caps are NOT required during events.
- Pool toys include inner tubes for the lazy river, noodles, basketball and balls.
Is there a waiver form that participants need to sign?
As BU students, the FitRec Usage Agreement must be signed online prior to your first visit to FitRec. This can be found on the student link under the "Personal" tab. Once this has been completed, participants should have swipe access to the facility.
Are food and drink allowed?
Only waterbottles and drinks in shatterproof containers are permitted inside FitRec. Food is allowed in the area surrounding the Healthy Blends Cafe on the first floor. If you would like to have your event catered, arrangements can be made with Catering on the Charles.