The Department of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance at Boston University offers a multitude of diverse, student-oriented programs.
- Over 100 physical education classes are offered each semester in aerobics, aquatics, boating, court sports, dance, emergency response, weight training/fitness, individual sports, martial arts, skating, and yoga/meditation.
- The popular intramural sports program involves over 7,000 participants each year.
- The department also oversees thirty-two club sports from fencing and rugby to waterpolo.
- The Noncredit Recreation program offers students, faculty/staff, alumni and their families classes in aerobics, aquatics, dance, emergency medical response, fitness, yoga, and sports. Some programs, such as Masters Swim, are also available to the public.
- The Family Recreation program consists of two summer camps for children as well as a program during the academic year.
- Lastly, the department currently houses fitness and recreation
facilities at the Fitness and Recreation Center, Case Center
and Track and Tennis Center.
Our commitment to enhancing the quality of life for the Boston University Community will continue as will the demand for leisure services. We have demonstrated a commitment to serve the needs and interests of our community by creating an environment that makes a member's recreational experience exceed any they had before. We will continue to foster quality recreational programs, facilities, and services for our diverse populations by offering activities that promote healthy lifestyle choices.
Click here to subscribe to our monthly Enewsletter to stay informed on facility hours, special classes and programming, FitRec events and general health and wellness information!