Get reimbursed to work out.
If your health insurance offers a wellness benefit, Boston University’s Fitness & Recreation Center will provide ONE letter per membership year verifying membership benefit, plan type, payment, and duration.
What do I need to do?
- First, check to be sure that your insurance coverage includes a Fitness Benefit and learn about the eligibility requirements before requesting proof of membership from FitRec.
- Unless otherwise specified, FitRec will follow the requirements of Boston University’s wellness benefit. You must have been a FitRec member for a full four months (in a calendar year), your payments must meet or exceed $150 in membership fees, and you may only request one letter per membership plan per calendar year. You have until March 31 to claim for the prior calendar year.
- Please note: If you do not meet the above requirements and have not provided special instructions, your Fitness Benefit request for reimbursement will not be processed.
- Once you are certain that you meet the above requirements, please fill out the form below, or stop by the FitRec front desk to complete it.
- Our Membership Graduate Assistant will create a personalized letter that verifies your membership benefits, plan type, payment, and duration. Please allow 5 business days to pick up your request at the FitRec Front Desk. Letters will not be mailed.
- If you are a member of Blue Cross/Blue Shield Massachusetts, you may complete the BC/BS Fitness Benefit Form.