You may cancel your membership within three business days of your join date and receive a full refund as per Massachusetts General Law. After that, your membership can be terminated on an involuntary or voluntary basis.
Involuntary membership cancellation
- Your status as a Boston University affiliate has changed and you are no longer eligible for membership.
- If your plan is monthly dues, your membership will continue until the last day of the month you became ineligible.
Voluntary membership cancellation
- You may choose to cancel your membership at any time, even though your Boston University affiliation has not changed, or if your Boston University affiliation has changed but you are still eligible for membership.
- Cancel your membership by completing the Cancellation Form below.
- No refund will be given for the month in which you cancel your membership and your membership will still be valid until the last day of the month.
- All membership cancellations must be received by the 25th of the month in order not to be charged for the following month.
- This membership is able to be put on hold with advance notice due to long-term travel, sabbatical, or medical reasons. Hold cannot be retroactive.
- Pursuant with MA state law, the six-month membership may be cancelled for the following reasons. With documentation, a pro-rated refund based on the monthly rate will be issued.
- If upon a doctor’s order, you cannot physically or medically receive the services because of significant disability for a period in excess of three months.
- If you move either your residence or your place of employment more than twenty-five miles from FitRec (proof required).
- You must submit a completed cancellation form before December 25 to cancel before the January 1 through June 30 membership period.
- You must submit a completed cancellation form before June 25 to cancel before the July 1 through December 31 membership period.
- If you do not submit a cancellation form, your six-month membership will automatically be renewed the first day it expires.
Fill out the FitRec Cancellation Form here:
To cancel your locker and/or towel service please contact the Pro Shop at 617.358.7767 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.