Boston University’s Fitness & Recreation Center was programmed and designed to accommodate patrons of varying abilities. Below are some of the features we offer:
- Automatic door at main entry
- An oversized entry gate (with ID reader)
- Braille signage
- A large elevator providing access to all five levels of activity
- A zero degree entry to our recreation pool
- Accessible fitness equipment including an upper body ergometer and a cable weight machine.
- Accessible parking spaces are available in all parking lots associated with the Fitness & Recreation Center.
- All restrooms are equipped with accessible sinks, stalls, and amenities.
- Dance Theater offers seven accessible and companion seating for all events (three available from the lobby and four on the studio floor). Performance space is equipped with backstage restrooms with accessible sinks, stalls, and amenities.
FitRec staff are available to provide special assistance to members with disabilities. Members are encouraged to provide as much advance notice as possible to FitRec prior to a visit to help ensure that their request for special assistance may be met. For further details or to arrange for special assistance, please email FitRec.