Medical and Dental School Student Loans
After determining whether you qualify for government-sponsored student loans, which generally offer more favorable terms, you may want to consider credit-based loans to help pay direct and indirect college expenses.
On an annual basis, Boston University invites private lenders to provide information about their products through a Request for Information (RFI) process. The University reviewed the information provided by every lender who submitted information and, based on the information submitted, identified the following loan products as having competitive rates, customer service, and borrower benefits. The availability of residency program borrowing was also considered.
You are not required to borrow from any lender here or in other University materials. You may choose to borrow from any lender without penalty. We urge you to compare credit-based loan information and terms carefully to determine the best fit for your particular circumstances.
Comparison of Loan Programs
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
- Discover Health Professions Loans & Discover Residency Loans
- MEFA Loan for Graduate Education
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan & Sallie Mae Residency and Relocation Loan
- Wells Fargo MedCAP Alternative Loan for Health Professionals & MedCAP-XTRA Loan Option B