What qualifies as a ‘signed’ tax return?

Federal income tax returns must be signed by at least one of the tax filers. In lieu of a tax filer signature, the tax preparer’s stamped, typed, signed, or printed name and SSN, EIN (Employer Identification Number), or PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) will meet this requirement.

If your tax return is not signed and does not include a preparer’s certification, provided the signature of the tax filer on the signature line of a printed copy of the tax return. Submit, via paper or upload, the signed copy of the tax return to BU Financial Assistance or IDOC as instructed.

If you do not have a printed or electronic copy of the tax return, follow the instructions for requesting a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS.