Learn how to directly apply the most recent relevant
clinical trial evidence to your patients.
on Promoting Colorectal Cancer Screening Through
- Learn how to increase patient
acceptance rates for colorectal cancer screening,
reducing risk for delayed and missed diagnosis.
- Receive updates on the state-of-the
art in patient communication theory underlying
promoting successful patient behavior change.
- Learn motivational interviewing
techniques tailored to each individual patient.
- Improve skills from study
of interactive multimedia, including online
video vignettes, to boost patient acceptance
of sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy and fecal
occult blood testing.
- Practice specific techniques
on your own patients during the course.
on Advising Patients on Advance Directives:
At the conclusion of this activity, you will be able to:
- Explain the legal ramifications of the Patient Self-Determination Act of 1991.
- List 3 goals of advance directives.
- Use goals of care in negotiating advance directives with patients.
- Present an evidence based approach to the completion of advance directives in the outpatient office setting.