|GHPCI's initiatives span the globe. Explore a program or project in a location of your interest by clicking the Our Countries link, on the left.
Welcome to the Global Health Primary Care Initiative website. Through the creation of the Global Health Primary Care Initiative (GHPCI) in July of 2007, the Department of Family Medicine has reaffirmed its commitment to improving health access and providing primary care services for the underserved around the world.
As a proven leader, GHPCI offers expertise in the development and implementation of locally sustainable models of primary care.
The mission of GHPCI is to raise the level of health care for underserved populations world-wide by enhancing primary care through medical education, improving health systems management, increasing access to high quality clinical services and promoting research and evaluation.
This mission will be accomplished through:
- Developing and implementing educational programs that train health care leaders and practitioners to provide equitable and high quality primary care services
- Building partnerships to improve clinical services to those in need
- Providing health management education and services to strengthen health care systems
- Conducting research projects that promote improved health care
- Advocating for global health equity
- Fostering alliances with other international and regional organizations