The Boston University Department of Family Medicine is growing. We seek talented, compassionate and innovative people to join us.
Open faculty positions involve the full spectrum of family medicine including prenatal care, the care of young families, the elderly and frail elderly (including both community and nursing home settings). Faculty practice locations include community health centers, the department’s medical center practice, and other practice settings in local communities. All faculty have appointments at Boston University School of Medicine, and teaching opportunites. Each practice is involved in primary care redesign and the patient centered medical home. There is potential to practice obstetrics and inpatient medicine, but neither are required. We continue to seek an increasingly diverse faculty that approximates our patients and particularly seek those from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and those with additional language skills, especially Spanish.
How to Apply:
Send CV to: Ted Constan, Administrative Director
We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and faculty appointments at BUSM with ample opportunities to teach medical students, residents and fellows. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Open Positions & Job Descriptions:
- Family Medicine Primary Care-We are seeking energetic family physicians for growing, dynamic practices in diverse settings. Leadership positions available. Our practices offer full spectrum family medicine in well-supported PCMH settings, with an integrated EHR.
- Family Physicians with Surgical Fellowship Training in Maternal Child Health –Work with family physicians, midwives, and obstetricians collaboratively in our state-of-the-art model for obstetrics.
- Primary Care Sports Medicine Physician– Join our expanding sports medicine practice. This position includes a team physician role at Boston University and Boston Public High schools, and fellowship teaching. Ultrasound experience preferred but not required.
- Family Medicine Hospitalists-Positions includes a mix of general medicine, procedures and consultations. Due to service expansion, we seek candidates who are willing to cover evenings and Experience as a hospitalist and the ability to speak Spanish are highly desired. Our teams include NPs, PAs and Family Medicine Residents.
- Family Medicine Geriatrician-An opportunity to support our new residency site at the Bedford VA, this position includes a faculty position and clinical care on the geriatrics service and/or our family medicine practice.
- Academic Fellows- Fellows do a mix of clinical work at BU Medical Center and independent research while earning their Masters of Science degree at BU School of Public Health. In collaboration with General Internal Medicine and General Pediatrics, we train approximately 15 fellows per year. Our graduates have successfully obtained K awards that have led to major research funding, and productive careers in academic medicine, research, administration, public health, and medical education.
- Chief Medical Officer at Mattapan Community Health Center- Click here to learn more.