Policies Under Review
Academic and administrative policies are vetted with the Faculty Council and other constituencies before they are voted upon. Administrative policies are voted on at the Administrative Council. Academic policies are voted on at the University Council; half of its members also sit on Faculty Council. See the Development Flow Chart for more information.
The University Council is the body that exercises authority on academic matters and the majority of its members are faculty.
The University Council Committees are co-chaired by Faculty Council members and University Administrators:
- Faculty Policies Committee: Janelle Heineke, Professor, Questrom School of Business & Julie Sandell, Associate Provost of Faculty Affairs
- Graduate Programs Committee: Hee-Young Park, Professor, School of Medicine & Daniel Kleinman, Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs
- Research Committee: Andrew Henderson, Associate Professor, School of Medicine & Gloria Waters, Vice President and Associate Provost of Research
- Student Life Committee: Joyce Walsh, Associate Professor of the Practice, College of Communication & Kenneth Elmore, Dean of Students
- Undergraduate Programs Committee: D. Lynn O’Brien Hallstein, Associate Professor of Rhetoric, College of General Studies; Elizabeth Loizeaux, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs