New Members Orientation
Welcome to the Faculty Council. This page is meant to provide new and returning representatives of the Faculty Council with a sketch of who we are and how we function within Boston University.
As always, if you have questions, please ask J. Robb Dixon, Faculty Council Chair or Samantha Khosla, Director.
We will hold an orientation for new members in September. The Faculty Council usually meets September through May once a month on a Wednesday in Questrom 410, 595 Commonwealth Avenue, from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
If you are a representative of your school or college, you are also a member of the University Council. The UC meets once per month, September through June, on Wednesday afternoon.
While our meetings are generally paper-free, we will distribute handouts to you during orientation. The links below will get you started.
The Faculty Council is mandated by the Constitution of the Faculty Assembly/Faculty Council to represent the faculty at Boston University.
- Learn about the Faculty Assembly and the Faculty Council.
- View the governing documents of the Faculty Assembly/Faculty Council.
- View the University’s organizational chart.
- View the Provost’s cabinet.
- View the University’s main page on Policies, which apply University-wide.
- View the Meeting Calendar for 2016-2017 session.
- View the Faculty Handbook.
- Minutes of Faculty Council meetings are published on our website and are available to all Faculty Assembly members.