New Members Orientation
Welcome to the Faculty Council. This page is meant to provide new and returning representatives of the Faculty Council with a sketch of who we are and how we function within Boston University.
The Faculty Council usually meets September through May once a month on a Tuesday from 3:30-5:00 p.m.
If you are a representative of your school or college, you are also a member of the University Council. The UC meets once per month, September through June, on Tuesday afternoon.
The Faculty Council is mandated by the Constitution of the Faculty Assembly/Faculty Council to represent the faculty at Boston University.
- Learn about the Faculty Assembly and the Faculty Council.
- View the governing documents of the Faculty Assembly/Faculty Council.
- View the University’s organizational chart.
- View the Provost’s cabinet.
- View the University’s main page on Policies, which apply University-wide.
- View the Faculty Handbook.
- Minutes of Faculty Council meetings are published on our website and are available to all Faculty Assembly members.