The Maintenance Shop on campus is the “go to” team for everything that isn’t trade-specific, from repairing broken windows to installing office cubicles. Over a dozen maintenance staff work full time to assist tradespeople on scheduled projects and emergencies, to ensure everything is properly maintained on campus. The Maintenance Shop also provides Rental Property Management with two full-time maintenance workers to handle issues for rental tenants.
The Maintenance Shop’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Repairing broken windows, window sashes, and window locks, including large plate windows, specialty windows, and thermopane (insulated glass) windows
- Repairing and replacing window shades, venetian blinds, and other window treatments
- Repairing and replacing carpet tiles, VCT (vinyl composition) tiles, and suspended ceiling tiles
- Repairing broken doorknobs, door closers, and door stops
- Installing flag poles and hanging flags, signs, and banners
- Installing bulletin boards, chalk boards, white boards, and clocks
- Repairing patio furniture and outdoor umbrellas
- Caulking tubs and showers
- Repairing and replacing toilet seats, shower doors, shower rods, towel dispensers, toilet paper holders, mirrors, and medicine cabinets
- Installing weatherstrips and stair treads
- Repairing bureau, desk, or file cabinet drawers
- Special event set-ups like installing signs, ramps, etc.