The Maintenance Shop on campus is the “go to” team for everything that isn’t trade-specific, from repairing broken windows to installing office cubicles. Over a dozen maintenance staff work full-time to assist tradesmen on scheduled projects and emergencies, to ensure everything is properly maintained on campus. The Maintenance Shop also provides Rental Property Management with two full-time maintenance workers to handle issues for rental tenants.
The Maintenance Shop’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- repairing broken windows, window sashes and window locks, including large plate windows, specialty windows, and thermopane (insulated glass) windows
- repairing and replacing window shades, venetian blinds and other window treatments
- repairing and replacing carpet tiles, VCT (vinyl composition) tiles, and suspended ceiling tiles
- repairing broken door knobs, door closers, and door stops
- installing flag poles and hanging flags, signs, and banners
- installing bulletin boards, chalk boards, white boards, and clocks
- repairing patio furniture and outdoor umbrellas
- caulking tubs and showers
- repairing and replacing toilet seats, shower doors, shower rods, towel dispensers, toilet paper holders, mirrors, and medicine cabinets
- installing weatherstrips and stair treads
- repairing bureau, desk, or file cabinet drawers
- special event set-ups like installing signs, ramps, etc.